Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PEStartPrintJob : Unable to open database

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 11, 2002
US
Seagate Info 7.0
Database: Access 97
Server: Windows NT

We have been trying to figure out this problem for weeks. It may not even be a Crystal issue, but I thought I would start here.

Above is the error we receive (in properties) after we try to schedule a report in Seagate Info. The report tries to run and then fails. I can browse to the database and open it in Access 97. I can open up the report in Design mode in Seagate Info and successfully run the report manually. The database resides on a Novell server.

Note: this used to work. I happened to notice one day that it had stopped working. Nothing has changed on the server it resides on.

We have already tried various logins and drive mappings (followed by resetting the location in Crystal). Concerning the location, we've browsed straight to Novell and we've also mapped a local drive and set the location there. Every time, we can always run the report manually in Design mode, but it always fails once it is scheduled in Seagate Info. We've even used a few different versions of the report we had saved during the creation of it.

Any information of suggestions you might have would be much appreciated. This is driving us nuts!

Have you tried opening and running the report into the Info Report Designer, while sitting on the Server where Seagate Info is installed? This will then test the database connectivity from the Seagate Info Server machine.

All the testing I've done has been on the server. I've tried opening and running the report from it's file location as well as from Info Report Designer. Both are successful. It just doesn't make sense why it would run from Info Report Designer and not from a scheduled job.

You haven't mentionned the version of Crystal Report.
Is there a PopUp Dialog Error like "Err 534 : Unable to...", things like that.
May be a sub-report is bound to your report?!?
I've you tried to Find location in the Database menu (not sure of the translation of that option-menu as I use french version of CR 8.5).
I do agree with groggle. Sometimes, CR loose path information. And for any reason, it works again when you refresh database or file location.

I am having a similiar type problem with Info 7.5

I am able to run the report to .rpt format and up to Excel Ver7 but if I run it in Excel Ver8 format i get the error message
'PEStartPrintJob : Error in File <Filename>:
Operation not yet implemented.'

demunchkin,

I got this error also. I solved it by doing Database - Set Location and pointing the location to the server rather than the equivalent Windows Explorer drive.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

PP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back