Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pervasive

Status
Not open for further replies.

bg000331

Programmer
Jan 3, 2006
IT
hello,
i have the following problem:
in my company is running a pervasive sql2000, and i need to connect to the btrieve database-format from pervasive
on the server i found a lot of .dta files which contains my requestet data. i need only to READ this data and work with it in visual basic 6. but how can i access to it?

when i open the pervasive sql control center, there isnt set a database?!?

thanks for helping

pete

thanks for your reply. i already read this articles. what is still strange for me that when i open the
"pervasive control center" there isn't any database or table available. i know that another software running on this computer is also using the pervasive (the data from the software is stored in a directory called DAT, in which i can see a lot of .dta files. its seems that there is the data saved) but how can it be, that in the pervasive control center there isn't any database?

That's right. Most Pervasive "databases" aren't listed in the PCC because most Pervasive databases aren't ODBC compliant databases. You'll need to create one but will need DDFs to do that.

Mirtheil
Certified Pervasive Developer
Certified Pervasive Technician
Custom VB and Btrieve development.

the problem ist that always when i start my vb-software i would net the data from the .dta files. at the moment i dont know how to do that. ok i will read some helpfiles perhaps i will find out alone how it works.

thanks for helping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back