Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pervasive v8 sp1 connection issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

spec9742

IS-IT--Management
Dec 16, 2001
US
Upgraded from 2000i to v8 sp1 about a week ago and have been having the following problem:

Pervasive randomly won't accept new connections from clients attempting to make an odbc connection from our custom applications. At the same time our erp applications that use pervasive will freeze up randomly on clients. There are no errors on the server or clients pvsw.log files. Prior to this 2000i worked flawlessly for 3+ years. Any thoughts?

What's the error when the connections aren't being accepted? Are any limits being reached (licenses,etc)?
When the app doesn't connect can you use Function Executor or SQLDM or PSA to connect? Do they give errors? Same would apply when the program freezes.

info@mirtheil.com
Custom VB and Btrieve development.
Certified Pervasive Developer
Certified Pervasive Technician

Mirtheil - there are no error messages when we begin to have the connection issues. License levels are fine however I have found that Pervasive has issued 2 hot fixes, one for the srde and one for the mkde engines. Some of the issues corrected are:

SRDE Hotfix

44168 SRDE stops responding when server load become extremely heavy and user handles per process exceeds 10,000

MKDE Hotfix

45514 MKDE stops responding and requires a server reboot

Now whether this applies to me I am not sure. I know that the handles on the server are around 10,000 but that is a total for all process's running. I also found a pervasive forum where a user had the same problem. Unfortunately the user did not specify how the problem was corrected beyond saying they had adjusted some of the server engine settings. Any help would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back