Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pervasive v8 and MS SQL on the same server 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GCMIT

MIS
Feb 27, 2004
US
We are currently running MS SQL 2000 on a IBM server and need to add a new application that needs Pervasive SQL v8. I would like to run both on the same server if possible. Has anyone done this successfully or do I need to get another server?

As long as the server is strong enough, there are no technical reasons both won't run on the same machine.

info@mirtheil.com
Custom VB and Btrieve development.
Certified Pervasive Developer
Certified Pervasive Technician

Yea, Im doing it here and it works fine.

We had it working like that in the past - I think what we did to pervasive was set the "return to minimal state when inactive" on

do NOT set pervasive to 'minimial state if inactive'. That will crippe your pervasive app, and cause other issues.

If you server has a 1G of RAM, allocate 350M to SQL server and 350M to Pervasive and leave them. Adjust the ratio to suit, ie 600, 100 if sql is heavily used and pervasive isn't. Just make sure you don't over commit, particularly sql server which by defaults will use all the RAM on the machine.

JON

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back