Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pervasive sql 9.x odbc error

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevbri

Technical User
Apr 30, 2001
We have been trying to get the pervasive sql 9.x to work but are getting the following error.

[Pervasive][ODBC CLient Interface][LNA][Pervasive][ODBC Engine Interface][Data Record Manager} You are not authorized to perform this operation (#-1810)
ODBC - Update on a linked table failed.

Has anyone received this error?

Thanks
Kevin

That means your database has security enabled and you are either passing and incorrect, invalid, or no username/password on the connection. You need to specify the username/password for the PSQL database that has rights to do the operation you are trying to perform.

Mirtheil
Certified Pervasive Developer
Certified Pervasive Technician

Thanks!

We checked and the password is included. We even tried creating a non-password protected database. We still could open and query but could not edit the database on either one.

A few more questions:
- Can you edit the database through the Pervasive Control Center?
- Are the data files in v6.x (or later) format? If they are in v5.x (or previous), PSQL v9 will not write to the file.
- Are you getting the same exact error on the non-password database?

Mirtheil

Thanks mirtheil,

It looks like we don't have Pervasive Control Center in the version supplied with BusinessWorks.

We are running Pervasive 9.61, and the data files were converted by a BusinessWorks conversion program into BW version 8.0. I assume that the pervasive data tables are in
version 9.61.

I get the same error even in a non-password database.

This is the connection string stored in Access (except that I changed the
password).

DSN=NCRM2008_ODBC;ServerName=SERVER2N.1583;ServerDSN=NCRM2008_ODBC;UID=MANAG
ER;PWD=PASSWORD;ArrayFetchOn=1;ArrayBufferSize=8;TransportHint=TCP:SPX;Clien
tVersion=9.61.012.000;CodePageConvert=1252;AutoDoubleQuote=0;

Here's a link to a free SQL tool that can be used to execute SQL statements:
http://www.pervasive.com/ComponentZ...oryID=6&Page=3&CategoryName=Tools+/+Utilities
Try updating a table in one of the databases using the tool. Does it give the same error?
Also, I don't know if BusinessWorks creates it but there is a sample database with PSQL called DEMODATA. You might try using that one to see if there's an error.
You might also try a different username/password. If you've got the "Master" password, you might try that to see if it works. If it does, then the problem may be the username being used ("MANAGER").

Mirtheil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back