Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PERVASIVE ERROR >>>HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRHEIN

MIS
Feb 6, 2007
US
Hello Everyone,
I'm using pervasive version psql 2000i. I've been trying to query my db and I keep getting an error I've never seen before. I know what the error is but I 'm not sure why I keep geting it. I'm combining three tables and querying ALOT of information. Below is a sample of the query I'm running and the error message. Any help with a different query structure or help with my logic would be greatly appreciated!

SELECT
PR_WCOMP.LOC_NO,
PR_WCOMP.WC_CODE,
SY_WMAST.DESCRIP,
SUM(PR_INP.AMT_1) AS Gross_Wages,
SUM (PR_WCOMP.Wc_Bbase) AS Reportable_Wages
FROM
PR_WCOMP INNER JOIN SY_WMAST ON
(PR_WCOMP.WC_CODE = SY_WMAST.CODE)

INNER JOIN PR_INP ON
(PR_WCOMP.LOC_NO = PR_INP.LOC_NO)
WHERE ........
GROUP BY
PR_WCOMP.LOC_NO,
PR_WCOMP.WC_CODE,
SY_WMAST.DESCRIP

ORDER BY
PR_WCOMP.WC_CODE
#

error message:
ODBC Error: SQLSTATE = S1000, Native error code = 0
Out of disk space writing temporary sort file.
The 'TempFileDirectory=' variable in odbc.ini can be used
to specify different drive/directories.

(I specified a different directory and freed up some space on my local drive....still get the error)

JRHEIN
IS ADMIN

Two more things:
1. Do you have an index on the PR_WCOMP.WC_CODE?
2. What's the actual WHERE clause?

Mirtheil
Certified Pervasive Developer
Certified Pervasive Technician

Thanks for your response mirtheil. I managed to figure out my problem. I was trying to do to many calculation at once. The tables that I was trying to query were huge and I was runnin my query on my local machine not the server. I redesigned the query to extract the info in peices and then combined later. It still took about 5 hours.
Thank you for your help!

Jonathan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back