Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Personal verification

Status
Not open for further replies.

cas1437

MIS
Sep 21, 2010
US
I have been looking and I am not sure that I am understanding the answers that I have read, so I am going to ask a question that has already been asked. I have CallPilot Manager version 05.00.41.96.
I have a user that wants to change Personal Verification (extension 7568). But cannot access through the "89" option. I am not sure what the "Class of Service" is that needs to be changed. I also made the mistake of deleting the second extension (7568) in Callpilot. Now when I try to add user I get "SDNs and user extension DNs must be unique." When I do a user search I find mailbox "7407" and extension "7407,7568" but not mailbox "7568" although she can access that voicemail.
Where have I gone so wrong and what can I do to fix? What is SDN compared to DN?

SDN stands for Service Directory Number. You need to look under System/ Service Directory Number and see if the Directory Number you are asking about is there. Yes you cannot mix Mailboxes and SDN's. To change personal verification the users needs to login to their mailbox and then press 8,2,9.

It's a phone system, NOT a clock!

Great. Thanks for that information, knowledge is power. That is why I like this place. However, this opens up a new question: Not all my DNs and mailboxes are listed there, how does that work? Does the documentation for this program explain all this?

The mailboxes are listed under the user heading. Then do a "*" search and all mailboxes will be listed. If you click on help in CallPilot Manger all this stuff is in there.

It's a phone system, NOT a clock!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back