Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Personal Ring Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickcacc

Technical User
Mar 6, 2007
US
User says when a secondary line key rings on his phone his PRG member would also ring.
User has prime DN 5686 (5330 phone) with personal ring group 5686 with 1 member 5691, a 5610 phone. He also has a secondary extension 3289 (non-prime broadcast group) set to ring.
I just worked a service issue where the 5610 lost contact with the controller thru a network issue and had it resolved.
He insists that before the trouble whenever he received a call on 3289, 5691, the member of 5686's PRG would ring also. From what I've read and experienced, PRGs don't work this way. 3289 should just ring on his phone until answered or rerouted. Am I crazy? Thanks

Hello NickCACC

To answer your question - you are correct in what you have read, and how you understand it.

Simply putting a member into a PRG and calling it, does not ring all other devices in the PRG. In order to trigger ringing on all devices, you *must* dial the PRG number. Each device can be called individually.

Just setup a cleaner example:
>> DN: 1001 is programmed as a PRG.
>> You add DNs: 1051, 1052, 1053 and 1054 to the PRG.
--> When 1001 is dialed, it should also ring 1051, 1052, 1053, and 1054.
--> When 1053 is dialed it should only ring 1053 - not 1001, 1051, 1052, or 1054.

Now, if the user has a Muli-line or Keyline appearance of 5686 on 4389 and 5691 THEN yes, 5686 WOULD ring - however that is different programming then the PRG feature. This programming could be used in parallel with the PRG (not sure why you would want that, however it is possible). Only thing I can think ok.

Let us know if you require further instruction.

Thanks MitelGuy, just to clarify, 3289 is not even in 5686's PRG, it's just strictly a button only on his phone set to ring. So calling 3289 should only ring 3289 and has no connection with the members of his PRG correct? Thanks

To get all members to ring you have to call the PRG pilot extension. Calling any or member or key on any member doesn't make the PRG ring all members.

An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Anyone else and you need to throw it harder.

The 5610 (Ext 5691) may have had a ringing appearance of 3289 the same as the desk set.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Actually kwb that was the case. 5610 only has 1 programmable key and back when it was put in and programmed as Generic SIP Phone you could actually program that key as something other than a multicall of itself. Now there's a 5610 Dect (or something like that) phone type and if you set it for this you can ONLY put a multicall of itself on that button. Just learned this today...Thanks fellas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back