Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Personal Ring Group Busy issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

MitelNoob

Technical User
Sep 27, 2011
GB
Hello There,

We have a Mitel 3300 MXe 4.2SP1 active SW 10.2.1.13.

One of the directors works between 2 offices and he have set up a personal ring group, so whichever office he is in, the phone will ring.
This part works fine, the problem we have is that we have 2 reception phones which have secretarial keys, when the main phone in the personal ring group is in use the LED next to the ring group lights up, however when the second phone in the personal ring group is in use the LED does not light up.

I have made sure that the One Busy All Busy option is enabled.

Anyone got any ideas?

Many thanks in advance,

Lee.

I think more info is needed, what are the two device types in the PRG, why do they not just use hotdesking?
What are the button types (The secretarial keys)
How is the remote office connected?, Are there 2 3300's
What type of devices are the reception phones?

Yes more details please. When you say two office are the on the same MCD?

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

Hi Boycey9

This is a director, he doesn't want to have to log into each phone, hence the personal ring group.
Both phones are 5340's, and both reception phones are 5340's with Dual PKM's.
The Key appearance for the PRG is set as Secretarial with No Ring.

The Office Buildings are next door to each other connected by Fibre Optic connection between 2 HP Procurve switches. There is only one 3300 controller.

Both of the phones the director uses work fine.

I think this is a 'feature' AKA bug of the software. Out of curiosity, if you program a BLF key of the prime number of the PRG onto an IP set do you get the same issue?

Directors huh!, always want to be different.
What if you change the key to DSS/BLF does this make the light situation work.
I know you will lose functionality but it will prove if it is a "Feature" or not.

Hi there,

Sorry about the delay.
Okay, changing to DSS/Busy now gives lamps that light up on inbound or when the lines are ringing, however once the seconday phone is connected, there is no lamp lit. The primary phone in the PRG lamp does light up.

Are we saying this is a "feature"?

You are assuming the one-busy option has anything to do with busy lamps.

I would not make this assumption. My understanding on the one-busy option is how a second incomming call is handled by the PRG.

There is no option on the 3300 that will show more than 1 phone busy when only 1 phone is in use.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Sorry KWBMitel I don't think I laid that last one out very clearly.

When the primary handset in the ring group is in use, the lamp on the reception phones for the ring group lights up, however it does not when the secondary phone is in use.

If you call the numbers individually, the lamp representing the ring group flashes. If the call is picked up on the primary phone the lamp goes solid, alternatively if the call is picked up on the secondary phone it goes off.

No, the original explaination was sufficient.

Here is where you are going wrong:

the lamp on the reception phones for the ring group lights up

There is no such thing as a busy lamp for a ring group.

You have a busy lamp for the pilot member of the ring group. When the Pilot member is busy, the lamp associated will show busy.

Each member requires it's own lamp.

When a phone is busy it will only show that it is busy. The system is not designed to show more than 1 phone busy when only 1 is in use. There is no such thing as a group busy lamp.

The easiest way to achieve this functionality is to place a multicall button or two on the director's secondary phone with the primary phone's DN set to ring, then use the DSSBLF key on the 2 reception phones. That way, when someone calls he can pick it up and answer it, and the two secretaries can see if he is busy or not.

PRG's don't light lamp lights as far as I know.

@ Chrisgoff - To the best of my knowledge, multicall keys in use on the secondary phone will not light the DSS Lamp of the primary phone. Same s*** different pile.

If you use the Multi-device group and programme the BLF to the group, the lamp will reflect the state of the entire group.

lavrai is correct. BLF was implemented in 5.0 using MDU. In order to acheive your desired result with a PRG you have to place a BLF of all PRG members on the reception device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back