Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Personal Operator Schedule in MM 1.X

Status
Not open for further replies.

98Converter

Technical User
Sep 17, 2001
US
The manuals I have aren't all that easy to read - I'm trying to allow for a "zero-out" of voicemail for particular subscribers in Modular Messaging 1.X. I believe it's done with the POS, but can't seem to configure it.

Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks,
Chris

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

If i remember correctly, I belive that is correct.

Life was so much easier with audix.

RTMCKEE

Has anyone configured a "Zero-Out" option on the new Modular Messaging Platform? I'm still sweating this one...

Thanks,
Chris

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

Correct you can configure a personal 0 out for a user as well as there is a default day and night 0 out.

You can configure the personal 0 out in the Subscriber programming

Thank you,
VOIPEng

Is this a riddle?

I don't see anything that says Subscriber Programming...

The only thing I see is:

Personal Operator Schedule NONE

And I don't have an option to change it- the pull down offers nothing.

Thanks,
Chris

Personal Operator Schedule: Select the schedule that determines when calls will be routed to the backup operator's mailbox.

I believe what you are looking for can be done under subscriber management. There is a field called Backup Operator Mailbox. Put the extension that you want the zero out option to go to. There is a catch here, the extension has to match a mailbox on the MM system. If not, the call will not be transferred unless you have "transfer invalid mailbox number" set to yes in the TUI section of the voicemail system configuration. I would advise against setting this field to yes. So if the zero out extension is not a mailbox, you will have to create a bogus mailbox to serve this purpose. This will of course require you to use valuable mailbox licenses to overcome what I feel to be a deficiency in the system. If that is a problem for you, I'd suggest bringing it up with your salesperson.

I have not used the personal operator schedule, but I think it is something probably configured through Subscriber Options. This would be used if you wanted 0 out calls to go to say a receptionist during the day, but to a mailbox after hours. Once the schedule has been set in Subscriber Options, maybe you would then have more options.

Final caveat, depending on your integration and network configuration, you may have to do some special programming on the PBX side to route the call to the appropriate location.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back