Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

personal number problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

happyhammer66

Technical User
Apr 23, 2003
IE
bc10, calls to manager should go to secretary but because she is looged off should go straight to secretarial group but it isn't. Its behaving as though profile 1 is active. I've switched profiles back and forth, deleted profiles and added again, still not happening. Is there something wrong with the setup? any suggestions?

thanks,
hammer

manager logged off, profile is this :

LIST CHO ANSPOS TIME BSYCHO ONECAL ORGSEL

1 1 secretary 12 2 0 111
1 2 secretarial group 24 3 0 111
1 3 voicemail 60 - 0 111

secretary is also logged off (profile 2 active),

LIST CHO ANSPOS TIME BSYCHO ONECAL ORGSEL

1 1 secretary 12 2 0 111
1 2 secretarial group 24 3 0 111
1 3 voicemail 60 - 1 111
2 1 secretarial group 24 2 0 111
2 2 voicemail 60 - 1 111

I discovered this as well when testing this some time ago. Think I ended up with not using personal number for the secretary , just an internal follow-me .
But , if anyone out there has done some on this issue I would like to hear it .

happyhammer :

personal number does NOT follow the profiles on the answering positions, it really stays in the profile on the called extension. if I remember correctly to only manner to let a profile "skip" answering positions is to put that answering position in follow-me or direct diversion.
the only solution for your problem using personal number is to create a second list in the managers profile with the secretary number omitted. what you can do also is put the extension of the manager in follow me to the secretary. anyway there's no easy answer for this type of problem

The manager need's a logged off profile (profile 2)with the sec Group as first choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back