Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Personal Lines order

Status
Not open for further replies.

insightbill

IS-IT--Management
Jul 28, 2003
US
I am programming several 4424D's and the client wants the personal lines to appear all in the same place. The problem however is he also wants several of the phones not to have line 810, 811 etc. When I add personal lines on the phones it makes them contiguous. Is there a way of assigning SOMETHING in the buttons so that the personal lines dont take these spots?

When you go to system programming, lines/trunks, extension, enter the extension number - you will see lines assigned to that phone with a lit red button next to each - they will be contiguous. Press each lit red button to turn it off (unassign lines), starting with the topmost, rightmost, and working your way down to the bottommost, leftmost. Then reassign just the lines you want, by lighting the red lite next to each line you want. You need to start with bottommost, leftmost button. Remember that line 801 will be the bottommost, leftmost button, the next one up will be line 802 - keep going up, shift right and start at the bottommost button and keep going up, etc, and skip lines 811, 812, etc for the phones you don't want them on.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

If your system is in PBX/Hybrid mode, in order to force line assignments on specific keys you can assign additional System Access buttons to be temporary "place holders" until the lines are assigned where you want them. Then simply delete the extra SA keys from the set. I have used this technique many times.

Hope this helps!

....JIM....

You can also use lines from a range that doesn't exist on your system as temporary place holders. For instance, I use the page of lines from 61 to 80. Use them to "fill" unused buttons, then add the line you really want, then remove place holders, add lines, etc., until you have the lines where you want them.

Customer wants lines 801 through 806 on the right side of the left-most set of buttons on the Operator's 4424LD+? Since it has 2 SA buttons, you need to put on 20 place holders, so the next button to be filled is "line" 23. Add line 801. Then you remove the line that filled button 10, and add line 802. Remove the line filling button 9, add line 803, and so on. Remove the rest of the place holders when you get the lines in place, then reprogram the soft buttons that you overwrote with the place holders.

It helps if you switch to the last page of lines, and add them as if they were occupying the spaces of the 4424, so you can visualize which place holder is filling which button.

i am struggling with this. tried to do this from winspm and it was not working for me. how do i do this from standard spm? is it easier that way?

basically the phones need to all have somewhat different lines assigned and none of them contiguous.

any further help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

TTT's suggestion is based on STANDARD SPM - That's how you can do it.

ok. some of the phones have a DSS50. do i need to fill ALL lines with placeholders and then go back and change them?

how for instance then do I add 40 or 60 lines to an extenstion?

Are you going to have lines appear on the DSS? They have the limitation of being numbered from 1 to 49 or 50 to 99, so you could show trunks 801 through 849 or 850 through 880.

Here's a "for instance":

[tt]
21-Blank Line 801-23 25-Blank Blank-27
5-Blank Line 802-10 15-Blank Blank-20
4-Blank Line 803- 9 14-Blank Blank-19
3-SA-Out Line 804- 8 13-Blank Blank-18
2-SA-Voice Line 805- 7 12-Blank Blank-17
1-SA-Ring Line 806- 6 11-Blank Blank-16
[/tt]

Lets say this is how you want the lines laid out.

Start by making sure that you really have the 3 SA buttons.

Go into Extensions > Lines, and remove ALL line assignments from the extension.

Go to page 61-80, and add line 64 through 80, in order. This will fill up buttons 4 through 20. Go to page 41-60, and add line 41 and 42. This will fill buttons 21 and 22.

Now go to page 1-20, and add Line 1. This will go onto button 21.

Switch to page 61-80, REMOVE line 70. This opens up button 10. Switch to 1-20 and add line 2, which will go onto the open button 10.

Switch to 61-80, remove line 69, opening up button 9, switch to 1-20 and add line 3.

61-80 remove 68, 1-20 add 4.

Remove 67 and add 5, remove 66 and add 6.

Go to 41-60 and remove 41 and 42.

Now go to Centralized Telephone programming and see if the lines showed up where you thought the would, and program the soft keys that got written over.

Now if you get one set up, you can do a Line Copy to get it to other sets.

wow that actually works! thanks a ton. not an easy task for someone with dyslexia.

top buttons cant be programmed as line buttons?

ok, now that i got that education. how do i add line appearances on the DSS 4450 ?

If you are talking about the top buttons on the 4424 - then no -they are for system programming.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

LINES ON DSS:

Well you can & you CAN't.

YOU CAN:

You could renumber your lines to show up on a page of your DSS.

YOU CAN'T:

You can't use them for anything but to observe their status.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back