Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Personal Folders in Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rdhines

IS-IT--Management
Jun 14, 2002
US
When I try to move items from my "inbox" to my personal folder I get the following error;

"The items could not be moved. It was either already move or deleted, or access was denied."

Anyone run into this problem?

I am far from expert, however, Ive seen many errors when a .pst file gets large. Sometimes Ive seen error that "item was moved or deleted" not the "access is denied" part. The item moved or deleted has pointed me in past to check size of the .pst file. It may be having hard time managing the emails and attachments. Perhaps try creating a new .pst file on drive. Just a suggestion. Also if .pst is larger than say 500MB you might want to migrate some data out of the large .pst.

We had a problem a few days ago with exactly the same message. We were trying to set up a Smartner Duality client on a PocketPC, and it just wouldn't connect to the Exchange Mailbox without reporting an error.

After some investigating, we thought that there may be some problem with the mailbox itself, so we decided to create a PST file and move everything over. We were then going to create a new mailbox for the user and transfer everything back in. Unfortunately, every time we tried to move the messages across, we got the error message displayed as you described above. It also came up if we tried to use the 'export' function.

In the end we dragged across a few at a time until all messages were across. Some wouldn't copy at the first attempt, but would on the second. Some would only copy if they were individually selected.

When we created the new mailbox, and dragged them all back, everything worked as expected, with all messages intact. The Smartner Duality client also then connected as it should.

I have to assume that there was some form of corruption in the mailbox, which could only be resolved by creating a new one.

Hope this helps.

Rik

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back