Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Personal Directory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

javiedigital

Technical User
Mar 12, 2003
US
Ok guys I have a problem with adding Personal Directory and Fast Dial, as a service to the IP Phone (7949 & 7960’s). I’ve gone to Service, IP Phone Services, and added the services pointing to the URL via IP address of the Call Manager ( I also added the service parameter setting as illustrated at Cisco web sites. I have also entered the IP address of the Call Manager under Enterprise settings.

When pressing the service button the phone displays requesting followed by host not found.

Any help would greatly be appreciated

Have you subscribed the service to the phone you are using? you can do this with the BAT tool or manually on the phone configuration page on the callmanager.
Simon

I think mtashiro is right.

I had a similar problem with getting extension mobility working. The problem was not having the IP address in the enterprise services section for services. It was using the server name.

The IP address is specified in all sections of Enterprise Services, as well as the DC directory admin. The Users where added using BAT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back