Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Personal Directory on I2002 phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nancy24

Technical User
Feb 18, 2004
US
What do I need to do to have the personal directory work on a i2002 phone? What cls is it? I got the Corporate directory, but not the personal.

You need to be on at least Rls 4.0
You need a signalling server

Go to Element Manager on the Signaling Server

Choose IP Telephony

Choose Personal Directories

Under the Server IP Address field, enter the IP address of the *ELAN*

Click Submit

If there are users built, and they already have a station control password set, this will need to be reset under the User Profile tab (there is a pull-down arrow with 4 choices). This will enable the Personal Directories, Call Log, and Redial list to appear on the set. The station control password will reset to the *extension* number on the phone. Then users can manually access their Services/Password Admin to change their SCPW from their phone if they wish.

The signaling server has options that allow you to back up the Personal Directories so that when you do firmware upgrades, the data is saved and can be restored (previously the data was erased after firmware upgrades). You can also copy a Personal Directory from one set to another.

is it the same for a i2004 and hox could ypu update the corporate directory??

Yes same with I2004 but Corp directory needs to be uploaded from OTM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back