Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Personal Contacts - 3300 Embedded VM - MCD 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cabarrus

Technical User
Jan 8, 2009
US
Hello,

Two questions here:

Is it possible to remove the ability for our users to use the Personal Contacts features? I would like them not even to hear the option , or remove there ability to set anything.

Is it possible to find out who has Personal Contacts currently enabled, so we can deactivate it?

thanks

-Kevin

I was told there is not a way to disable personal contacts in embedded voicemail.

Is there a way to not allow vm ports to dial 911 ?

thanks

you could setup the VM ports with a unique COR. then add that COR to the restricted COR Group for the route that 911 uses.

Be VERY Careful.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

The only Personal Contact that you can see is by exporting the voice mailbox configuration form. that will show you what users have setup as the operator extension on their VM, nothing else.

I've got the same issue, believe some users have got random numbers/long distance programmed in their contact lists, so were dialling their extension from home to reach their long lost in foreign lands!

good ol' COR on the VM ports to allow local only saved the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back