Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Personal CO Line on IP Office 500?

Status
Not open for further replies.

J1121

MIS
Dec 12, 2002
US
I'm familiar with Merlin Legend/Magix, Partner and Communication Manager, but I haven't had any chance to work on the IP Office systems until now (we inherited a few offices with these systems).

Is it possible to assign a certain loop start trunk directly to a specific phone so that line only rings at that one phone? In Communication Manager we'd call that a personal CO line.

Is it possible, and if so, could you describe the basic steps to accomplish that?

Thanks

No, god no

Line group ID set to something unique and Incoming call route to that user :)

I know I know but some times that want to monitor a certain line and yes I know the issues these cause.

Then point the line at a unique Hunt Group.
Make a Group button on the User(s) and put the User(s) in the HG.

If you want a little burst ring, select Collective call waiting for the HG.

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Using the line group ID and incoming call route scenario, could this be configured for 6 separate lines for 6 phones? (each of the 6 phones assigned a different line). I don't really want to do this, but based on the situation we have there with the type of service they have and what this will be used for, so far I think this is our best option. There's no T1/ISDN PRI in this system already, so analog lines for this would be the cheapest and easiest way to go. I just wanted to make sure this would work and work for 6 users before we ordered 6 new analog lines.

I guess we might have to also install an 'IP500 Analog Trunk 16 Module' because there's not enough ports to install 6 new analog lines without expanding. I do't have access to this system myself so I haven't been able to log in and see what's already installed/configured....but if we DO have 2 open slots, I guess we could install two of these: IP500 Analog Trunk Card 4 Universal to get at least 6 more analog trunk ports. My guess is though that all the slots are in use....for the existing analog trunks and digital phones.

yes as long as each analog line has a unique incoming id you would build 6 incoming call routes going to 6 hunt groups I guess if I understand what you are trying to achieve here.

Yes that should work...Or you could be so bold and order a SIP trunk.
It would be virtually free for years compared to buying a 16 expn module.

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

but if we DO have 2 open slots, I guess we could install two of these: IP500 Analog Trunk Card 4 Universal to get at least 6 more analog trunk ports

No, you need a base card to put those ATM cards on, a VCM32v2 is the cheapest option for that :)

VCM32v2, that would depend on the release he's running.

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

I know, couldn't be bothered going into both scenarios and the reasons why, gets confusing :)

Using the line group ID and incoming call route scenario, could this be configured for 6 separate lines for 6 phones? (each of the 6 phones assigned a different line). I don't really want to do this

Why not do this? It has no drawbacks and is the way it works, it also does exactly what you want, I don't understand the objection :)

When I say I wish I didn't really want to do this, I mean my ideal situation would have been to have an ISDN PRI circuit there already with DID numbers to use for this. I'm still thinking about our options and what we end up doing depends on what a few different groups are willing to agree to pay for, etc. Timing is an issue too. Thanks for all the ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back