Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Personal CO going to Audix

Status
Not open for further replies.

fonemstr

Vendor
Nov 21, 2003
US
I have a Definity G3 with 4 different extensions programmed each with a Personal CO line appearance. Is there a way to program these Personal CO lines to go to the extensions voice mail that they appear on? The manual says that Personal CO lines cannot be sent to Audix, but is there a way around this?

Good news.

Yes there is. I've done it before quite sucessfully. First you need to change the Personal CO access codes to numbers that are defined as your extension range in Audix. That usually means making them 4 digit. These are the digits that will be sent into the Audix.

Next in Audix, set up an auto attendant business schedule and translate thes access codes to the mailboxes you wish them to appear in.

If you don't understand, email me & I will send you an example in excel.

Paul Beddows

Consulting, Avaya/EAS implementation, Training
Vancouver, Canada
E-mail avaya@vancouver.hm

One other thing, The access codes for the personal CO's have to be defined in your dial plan as DAC. This means you will likely have to redefine an unused extension range as DAC in your dialplan. Hopefully you've used the 2'nd dial plan in release 10 or under or haver used 4 digit definitions in MV 1.1 & up or this may be a challenge. Otherwise you will have to find a spare digit & use that & define the range in Audix.

Paul Beddows

Vancouver, Canada

Can I just translate the existing access codes from the Personal CO lines in the Audix business schedule?

Give it try, but if they are only 2 digit codes the audix probably won't like it. I think you can only define a minimum of 3 digit extensions in audix.

Paul Beddows

Vancouver, Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back