Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Personal Antivirus pops up

Status
Not open for further replies.

amanua

Technical User
Sep 26, 2005
US
My brothers xp machine is infected with malware or adware.After logging on to the system application named personal antivirus pop up and gives warning that the system has been infected and needs to buy that software.
Though AVG antivirus is current on the system it could not detect and remove.I tried to install uniblue spyeraser but the program cant run; it appears that malware is preventing the running of any antiviurs program.
I dont want to format and reinstall the OS; is there any help one knows.

along with MBAM, Superantispyware is a great free resource.

Michael

"Never offend people with style when you can offend them with substance."
--Sam Brown

oh, there are also several on-line-scanners that would probably do the trick, some free and some for a little $$.

Michael

"Never offend people with style when you can offend them with substance."
--Sam Brown

I have also used Clamwin in conjunction with MalwareBytes and that got rid of all the problems. No problem installing either one.
Good luck.

This might be helpful if you get stuck chasing your tail with this type of malware..

Services.exe
thread779-1552558

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back