Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Personal Address Book/Selector crashes GroupWise ( gwenv1.dll )

Status
Not open for further replies.

MLHUandrew

Technical User
Apr 15, 2008
CA
G'day, I've been having crash issues with a few users when they look in Personal Address Books via the Address Selector window.

SERVER:
- Netware 6 sp5
- GroupWise 6.5.6up2

GW Clients tested with error:
- 6.5.1 (2003)
- 6.5.7 (sept 2007, 6.5.6up2)
- 6.5.7 (march 2008, most recent client 6.5.6up3)

WORKSTATIONS:
- Windows XP sp2

SENARIO:
User creates a new mail, and clicks the Address button to add recipients. Pulling recipients from system folders (main GW address book, frequent contacts) is OK. However, as soon as a user selects a Personal Address Book to pull recipients from, the GW client crashes yielding the following error:

AppName: grpwise.exe
AppVer: 6.57.0.0
ModName: gwenv1.dll
ModVer: 6.57.0.0
Offset: 001aa3d3

Top-most contents of grpwise.rpt:
-------------
- GroupWise Unhandled Exception Report -
- Generated on 10/31/2007 at 8:44:59 -
Exception code: C0000005 EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
Fault Address: FFFF0000 7C90EE18:0012E774
File:
--------------

OTHER NOTES:
- Viewing the Personal Address Books via the main Address Book window is fine, no crashing... Only when accessing these Personal Books through the Address Selector window results in a crash.
- A Pool Verify/Rebuild on the pool our Groupwise is stored on was done prior to this problem occuring, this may be related.
- I thought perhaps there was a corrupt address book record, which spanned all of the Personal Address Books, so I did the following maintenance...

GW MAINTENANCE ATTEMPTED TO CORRECT PROBLEM:
- Affected User GWCheck (Analyze/fix. Structure, Contents, Find/Fix problems)
- Affected user GWcheck 'Structural Rebuild'
- Affected User GWcheck 'Re-Create User Database'
- Post Office GWCheck (full work-up. Structure, Contents, Find/Fix User email database)

The problem persists, so here I am :)

Forgot to mention, I have also attempted completely-re-installing the client on workstations. Problem seems to travel with the user, not the local installation of the GW client.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back