Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Persistent Powerpoint Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMeric

Technical User
Apr 1, 2004
US
I have a user who gets the following message when he opens PowerPoint:

"This add-in is designed to work with powerpoint 2002 only."

It seems like I've tried everything to get this message to go away, but it still persists. I even uninstalled/reinstalled Office, but it's still there!

I don't have any information as to what add-in powerpoint is trying to load as nothing appears in the Disabled list or the Add-ins list within powerpoint.

What do I do next?! I really need help with this!

Hi MrMeric!
Is there a chance that the user has a virus?

Guessing...

Tom

Live once die twice; live twice die once.

Thanks for the reply Thomas!
We have a very good anti-virus/office scanner that would detect any viruses, so I don't think that's the issue. Good guess, tho!

Hmmm...another wild guess - the user is launching PowerPoint itself, and not a PowerPoint viewer of some kind? Is the user launching ppt from a shortcut (which might not be pointing to the ppt exe but to some other location) or from say the Start menu? Have you Googled the error message?

Not much help I'm afraid...
Tom

Live once die twice; live twice die once.

Are you sure PowerPoint is not being instructed to load .ppa (PowerPoint addin) files? Do you have any listed in the Tools > Add-Ins dialog?

Gerry
My paintings and sculpture

Hi MrMeric,

1) What version of PowerPoint is the user running?
2) If there's any "add-in" being installed, may we know what is the "add-in"?

Mok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back