Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Persistant Cache Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

elvenmaiden

Programmer
Apr 25, 2002
US
Would like to implement persistant-named cache on concurrent sessions in Informatica 7. The question I have is if the recache is set on one of 7 sessions in a concurrent batch will the other concurrent sessions wait for the recache to occur?

Also, if the look-up using persistant cache and recache occurs as the 7th lookup in a mapping, while the other mappings it occurs as the 4th or 5th lookup...will the other mappings wait for the recache or will they process on 'stale' cache?

This is an interesting scenario, since all sessions would be working off one named persistent cache. I have not seen a document that covers this from informatica. We use named persistent cache but do not have the need to recache during the process. I would suggest trying it out with 2 or 3 sessions. If you do please post the results.

not sure that helps ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back