Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Perseus (Vocici)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LLowrance

Programmer
May 11, 2004
US
Has anyone ever done crystal reporting off of a Perseus database? Perseus is a survey software that we are using to do file audits dumping the data into a SQL database.
The problem is I can't get the choices the auditor selects to show the labels rather than the code.

When a survey is built it produces a data dictionary but no way to join it to the actual data. I believe its using some XML to do it in their enterprise software.

So far the only way I can get it to work in Crystal is to write a formula for each one using the SWITCH function. It's truly a pain in the ass.
I'm using Crystal 8.5

(Switch({db.person}=1,"Suzie Smith",
{db.person}=2,"Tom Cat",) you get the idea
Any suggestions? I don't know XML.

Thanks,
L

-LLL

Do you have a table that contains both the number and the name? Is the {db.person} field from the survey?

-LB

Yes there is a file created as a data dictionary that looks something like this

Heading Choices Choice_Values
QRevieweeName 1|2|3|4|5 Suzie Smith|Joe Jones|John Doe|

It's as if it puts a hash mark inbetween each choice and each Choice_Value.

-LLL

So if you could, you would link the data dictionary choice value to the corresponding value in the main survey table in order to return the name? What is the {table.field} in the main survey table?

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back