Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Permissions / Service Installation Problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTinVA

Programmer
Aug 5, 2002
US
I'm trying to install our CRM package which tries to install services. However, at the point where the services are installed, I receive an InstallShield error message and the whole thing backs out. It appears as if this is a permissions issue but, for the life of me, I can't figure out what's missing. I am using the admin account for the installation and have made sure the group policies are set up properly. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Yes, I have one suggestion. Give the system account access to the locations where the installation files are placed.

Often .msi files etc runs as user system and then you can get some strange errors even if you have made sure that you are logged on with the administrator account and you have full control to the path mentioned.

Try it and tell me if it worked :)

Thanks for the tip. I gave it a try and it still failed. I'm just completely thrown by this one.

Thanks for your help ... I just have to keep plugging along to see if I can figure it out.

Have you checked the eventlogg for errors? What type of error message do you receive when the installation fails?

Well, there are no errors to speak of in the Event Log. But, the error is an InstallShield error message on the install. It seems to be a permissions issue as I can still install anything that does not try to create a service. It's weird!

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back