Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Permissions Registry Key? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephendr

IS-IT--Management
Feb 5, 2002
US
Does anyone know the location of the registry key and value that controls the permissions of folders? I would like to push out a registry key that sets the permissions to a particular folder to "No Access" on every machine in the domain.

Thanks.

I'm afraid that the ACL is a function of the filesystem and not the registry. If this folder is to be replicated to all machines, and (I'm assuming, since it's no access) will not be changed, perhaps you could overwrite it on each machine with an xcopy using the /o switch, which will copy file ownership and ACL information. Marc Creviere

Great Idea! Thanks! I can run it through a logon bat file. I'm replacing/creating the "Messenger" folder on all machines, and with "No Access", Lusers can't pull in new messenger versions, nor will current ones work. I tried the CACLS command, but couldn't get it working right through a bat file. Thanks again! One security hole closed...... It's not what you know, It's how you treat those who don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back