Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Permissions Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geyybecca

IS-IT--Management
Aug 13, 2002
GB

Hi,

I have a question regarding certain user permissions within Windows 2000. We have a software applecation that is used over the web, the problem is everytime you use it it downloads the Active X controls required for it to work. The only way this will work is for that user to be either a member of the local Admins group on that machine or to add authentecated users to the local powerusers group.

Can someone tell me what specific rights do you need to download these activeX controls and indeed to install software at all

thanks

MCSE,MCSA, NCSA,MCP+i,MCP

Hello, Can you not log on as an administrator and install teh active x stuff into the "All Users" profile so that it has been installed with admistritive privelages so that next time the user logs on evryone can use it as it is already installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back