Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Permissions for Frontpage Extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grazer

Programmer
Sep 6, 2001
GB
Hi, I am in need of some help with frontpage extensions. I have instlled fp exts. on my win2k server, which is hosting multiple websites. I cannot get the fp exts. to work properly. They can connect to their site, but their username and password does not work. The only username and password that works is admin.

If anybody knows anything about this or has had the same problem, please help.

Thanks,

check the file system permissions. make sure the user has access to the files in question.

if these users are Administoring the Website then you need to add them into the operators tab so they can administor the website this is not required to get Frontpage Extensions to Work.

Also make sure your Website has read and write enabled on the Home Direcotry or Directory in the Properties window of the Website.

hope this helps

I have tryed giving all permissions to that user for the folder and the web site....The only time it works is if I give the 'users group' permission to that folder, but then everyone has access. I don't know what else to try.

If you have any other suggestions don't hesitate to give them.

Thanks

This is the error I am getting in the security log:

Logon Failure:
Reason: The user has not been granted the requested
logon type at this machine

Does anyone know why??

Thanks

allow the user to logon locale to the Server. The 'user group' already has this permission to logon localy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back