Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Permission to veiw Data Error 3051 when running Macro

Status
Not open for further replies.

luke418

MIS
May 21, 2001
US
I get the following message when trying to run a Macro to import external data from a .txt file.
&quot;The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file <name>. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data. (Error 3051)&quot;

I have check everything I could think of. This is a new database I am creating, and I am the Admin. And no one else is using my database or txt file. I can import the data with out using the macro but I want to have the ability to run the macro since there are nine table I need to import data too. I have done other marco were I delete data and also make new tables but when I try importing external data I get the error 3051.

Luke418

The message was stated incorrectly. I forgot to place the .txt on the end of the file name. Once the .txt was placed on the end of the file name the macro to import external worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back