Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Permission Denied

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndramesh

IS-IT--Management
Jun 11, 2000
US
Hello everybody,<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;I am not sure whether I have understand the security mechanism which MTS adopts, when installed in an NT server. Here is the situation, <br>(*) I have NT Server (SERV1) in a domain DOM1. <br>(*) All the NT workstation user's are authenticated by the domain controller in DOM1, before they log into the NT workstation.<br><br>(*) All the (biz/data) components are installed in MTS on SERV1. <br>(*) I have disabled the Authentication Check.<br><br>(*) When I tried to run my application in NT Workstation, it was working just fine.<br><br>(*) Then, I tried to log on locally to a local user in an NT workstation. And then I mapped a directory in NT server in my NT workstation by logging in as a SERV1 user. Then the application gave 'Permission Denied' error.<br><br>(*) My conclusion now was, all the users who wants to use the components in MTS under SERV1 should be authenticated by the domain controller (DOM1).<br><br>I need a better way to handle this situation. I have no idea what needs to be done. Earlier I defined scenario I have right now with me. But for the long run, I want to do this,<br>* One NT Server<br>* MTS installed on NT Server<br>* 100+ users going to user the components under MTS<br><br>I need a better mechanism to handle this situation. Could anyone help in resolving this..<br><br>Thanks in advance,<br><br>

Hi!!<br><br>You are not the only one with this PAIN in the ass problem! I have been trying to solve this problem for more weeks now but it seems like no one knows how to solve the problem! Maybe its because there is no solution! But it would be nice to know if that is the case so I dont have to waste more time on this issue!<br><br>Ill notify you if I find a solution!<br><br>Regards<br><br>Nikolaj<br>

Create a user with Admin rights. Eg MTSAdmin. And have all the packages including the system package run under this account. Let me know if this does not work.<br><br>-GJK

What do you mean by &quot;Run under&quot;????<br><br>If it is what I think I dont think it will work, because it is not the components that are denied access to the Server but the creater, in this case a client that is NOT connected to the server!!<br><br>My problem is that Im able to create the Object on the server but as soon as I try to access some of the&nbsp;&nbsp;Interfaces I get the &quot;Access Denied&quot; Error!<br><br>I hope my problem is a bit more clear!<br><br>Nikolaj

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back