Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Permission denied error in IE 7, when using setHomePage

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekkinn

Programmer
Jun 18, 2008
IS
I tried to reuse a script that uses the setHomePage method, that worked fine few months ago on both IE 6 and IE 7. Now it still works in IE6 but comes up with an runtime error "Permission denied" in IE 7, and the script debugger point at 'document.body.setHomePage(' I tried the example on also, and other samples that have been working so far, but IE 7 always comes with this error. I found a few post where other people have run into this problem recently, but no explanation or solution. Have there been some changes in the IE 7 security that prevents this method to run? I am testing on Vista Ultimate SP 1, with IE 7.0.6001.18000.
I

Sorry, this was a misunderstanding. I found out that there had been a recently implemented group policy on our network, that prevented users from changin the home page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back