Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PERMISION PROBLEM

Status
Not open for further replies.

michelesp

IS-IT--Management
Jul 2, 2002
ES
Hi,

My question is:
How can I give all permissions to all files in a folder,but the folder not to be allowed moving and deleting.

I try some option, but not works.

Thank's.

Would Read and Execute be right for you?
Are you sharing the folder? A+, MCP, CCNA
marbinpr@hotmail.com

Keep fighting for your knowledge!

Allow read only permissions on the folder, (both Share and NTFS). This will allow users in...but they will not be able to move or delete the folder.

Change the permissions on the subfolders so that they no longer inherit from the parent and allow whatever permissions your users will need at that level.

Patty [ponytails2]

What Patty said. It's how we have permissions set up. Make SURE they don't inherit permissions on sub-folders. Glen A. Johnson
Microsoft Certified Professional
glen@nellsgiftbox.com
[americanflag]

"What really happens is trivial in comparison to what could occur."
Robert von Musil (1880-1942); Austrian author.

Thank's for all, but not exactly what i want.
The users should be able to write,create and delete files, but not to delete the parent folder.
I try what you said but not work.

Any other possibilitie???

Thank's for all.

PD: Sorry for my english.

You want change permission--the difference between that and full contol is the ability to delete the folder (and take ownership).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back