Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Perl script can't locate RRDs.pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

jijo79

ISP
Oct 5, 2007
KE
I was installing rrdtool for traffic monitoring on Fedora core6.Upon running my perl script the followwing error message
displays:
Can't locate RRDs.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i386 -linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/ lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5 /i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /5.8.7 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5 /usr/lib/pe rl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/ perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.7/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.6 /i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-mult i /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.7 /usr/lib/per l5/vendor_perl/5.8.6 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.5 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8 .) at ./rrd_t raffic.pl line 8.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./rrd_traffic.pl line 8.

Is there something that I am missing? If I do locate RRDs.pm the following lines displays:
/usr/src/rrdtool-1.2.12/bindings/perl-shared/RRDs.pm
/usr/src/rrdtool-1.2.12/bindings/perl-shared/blib/lib/RRDs.pm
/usr/src/rrdtool-1.2.19/bindings/perl-shared/RRDs.pm

Can anyone help plerase?

Thanks whn, I did the modification and now the script is able to find the RRDs.pm but it is failing to load the files. It is giving the following error message upon running it:

Can't load '/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/RRDs/RRDs.so' for module RRDs: librrd.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line 230.
at /usr/local/bin/rrd_traffic.pl line 8
Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/bin/rrd_traffic.pl line 8.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/bin/rrd_traffic.pl line 8.

Any further help is appreciated.

I am using Fedora core 6 and downloaded rrdtool-1.2.12.tar.gz
from the website then again installed manually the following dependencies:

* libart_lgpl-2.3.11-2.i386.rpm
* libart_lgpl-devel-2.3.11-2.i386.rpm
* zlib-1.1.4-8.i386.rpm
* zlib-devel-1.1.4-8.i386.rpm
* libpng-1.2.2-16.i386.rpm
* libpng-devel-1.2.2-16.i386.rpm
* freetype-2.1.3-6.i386.rpm
* freetype-devel-2.1.3-6.i386.rpm

I then configured it by running

./configure --disable-tcl
make
make install

Perl library was installed by running the following command:

make site-perl-install

Am I missing something?

Is there a particular reason you've chosen that over a CPAN module? If not, I'd look into CPAN. CPAN modules are easy to install too.

If you have to use this particular tool, then try to use yum rather than doing everything manually. You could, for instance:
Code:
sudo yum install rrdtool
sudo yum install rrdtool-perl

I have no idea if those are what you need, just an example.
Code:
yum search rrd

Shows you all rrd available from yum.

--

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back