Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Perl post trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmiu

Programmer
Jan 25, 2006
GB
Hi guys any help or direction would be great.

Case : Theres one PHP page that has a select drop list, by selecting one item form list, it will trigger three POST action and brings back three different content pane on the same page (these three post are submitted in a sequence one after the other).

Im currently using LWP's POST to submit the variables, the first and second works fine and return the relevant content, but the third just returned a PHP error returned "<b>Fatal error</b>: Maximum execution time of 120 seconds exceeded in <b>".

Thanks in Advance.

Change the third page to a simple "Hello World!" script, and if it still comes back with timeout issues one of your first two script is in issue, you may need to consider forking, or threading your requests.

I'd be guessing if I said that the 3rd script might have timeout issues, when called without the other 2 frames?

Paul
------------------------------------
Spend an hour a week on CPAN, helps cure all known programming ailments ;-)

Thanks Paul,

Sorry but I might have confused you. Im not trying to create a page, im trying to test my Perl LWP Post script on a PHP web page. The LWP POST seems to have worked fine acting as a browser and brought back the first and second content pane displayed on the PHP page, but times out on the third. It seems as if the page dislike one of my variable hence hanging until timing out.

I know for a fact its in my script or more likely the variable submitted, cause I tried the page itself and worked in Mozilla, with all three pane returned.

But saying so, I have double checked the variable submitted by the Mozilla browser using independant tools and all seems identical to my LWP script ... Strange ...

The third PHP page maybe expecting something like a user agent or maybe a session cookie to prevent automatic downloads

Paul
------------------------------------
Spend an hour a week on CPAN, helps cure all known programming ailments ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back