Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Perl/MySQL Field Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

oroboros

Technical User
Mar 17, 2004
US
Sorry to bother you with this newbie question, but Perl is not my specialty, nevertheless, I told a friend I'd ask around :)

We have a Ticket management program developed in Perl which is using mySQL. Its really an amazing acomplishment, however, we are trying to find a way to keep the "notes" field open for editing, yet be able to "record" who is doing the editing. Able to unlock the field and make it editable, but the recording is the issue. We do have distinct users who are also called from the database. Any advice or pointing in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Oroboros

Ahh, surely this is an easy one for you perl programmers :) Or do I truly have an unsolvable problem :(
Even if there is a particular place that can help me research this it would be appreciated. Thanks

You are asking your question at to high of a level. There are not enough details to answer it really.

What UI are you using? Can you show us some code? Expecting everyone to understand your app immediately from a one paragraph high level functional description won't do much :)

More info and hopefully we can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back