Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

periodic diags error

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsio

Technical User
Sep 2, 2004
CA
I have a p615 installed with AIX 5.2 and getting the following error message everyday at 4:05am. Any ideas on what is wrong with my processor?

Sat Sep 18 04:05:52 CDT 2004
Periodic Diagnostics for proc1 has detected a problem.
The Service Request Number is
651-880: The CEC or SPCN reported an error. Report the SRN and the following reference and physical location codes to your service provider..

Sun Sep 19 04:05:52 CDT 2004
Periodic Diagnostics for proc1 has detected a problem.
The Service Request Number is
651-880: The CEC or SPCN reported an error. Report the SRN and the following reference and physical location codes to your service provider..

Thanks.

Robert Sio

There is no entry in errpt that is related to this event i.e. no entry with same date and time. However, when you execute diag to run the error log analysis and choose to check sysplanar0, the following error is displayed:

The Service Request Number(s)/Probable Cause(s)
(causes are listed in descending order of probability):

651-880: The CEC or SPCN reported an error. Report the SRN and the following reference and physical location codes to your service provider.
Error log information:
Date: Fri Sep 17 11:27:17 CDT 2004
Sequence number: 120
Label: SCAN_ERROR_CHRP
Ref. Code: B1004699 FRU: n/a n/a

Thanks.

Thanks for all your replies.

The errprt output does not have any entry for the processor error. The error message only appears on the console screen.

The IBM fix provided by MoshiachNow is for the AS/400 and not a pSeries RS/6000.

Thanks again.

Call IBM.

It may be a fan or power supply problem. They could have told you in a shorter time what the SRN was/is than it took you to login here and type the question; followed by repeatedly checking for replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back