Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Performance Tuning for CE 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwake

Programmer
Feb 12, 2004
US
I recently installed CE 10 on a new server with multiple processors, then migrated approximately 600 daily and weekly reports. After scheduling approximately 60 weekly reports to run, I checked the server performance and noticed that one cpu was pegged while the others were barely runnning. How do I spread the report load evenly across multiple processors?? Will I need multiple CE licenses in order to utilize processors?? Any thoughts on this would be appreciated...

Yes, according to BO with CE10 you need a CPU license per processor. Same would go for a single dual-core CPU: that requires two CPU licenses. Hyperthreaded CPUs, however, do not require additional Processor licenses...but hyperthreading is not officially supported.

Caimoss is wrong.

If the licenses are purchased based on Concurrent User / Named User; it does not matter how many processors a box might have and crystal enterprise should use all of them.

If they are not using, contact crystal support; or talk to your windows administration/your hardware support; if something needs to be enabled on the box.

Srinath
srinath_p (at) yahoo.com

My apologies. I am wrong if you're talking about Concurrent or Named User licensing.

However, the information I posted does apply to CPU licensing, and is the information I received directly from Business Objects themselves.

I had just inferred from how mwake phrased the original posting that the "CE license" in question was a CPU license.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back