Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Performance Stats of a HDS9960/9980

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyingpete

IS-IT--Management
Aug 4, 2002
NZ
Hi,
Does anyone have any idea of the rated performance of the 9960 and 9980? These figures seem to be closely guarded by HDS. We are currently running a HDS9960, and looking to migrate some other systems to it, but I am unsure it (the 9960) will cope, as the read/write pattern is completly random for one of the systems, and my experiance is that the 9960 doesn't deal with that too well.

Thanks!

Do you have Graph Track installed? If so, you can get the details of any performance issues you may have, or you can get the total performance % that the HDS is currently running.

Yes we are running Graph Track on both our 7700e and 9960, which has given me a good idea of how the system is currently coping. What I am interested inthough is the systems potential, as there are a number of other systems we would like to migrate to it, one is currently using a 52 disk stripe (7200 rpm Baracuda's), mirrored (104 disks total) to achieve our required performance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back