Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Performance - request.form or request.querystring

Status
Not open for further replies.

schick

Programmer
Jun 12, 2001
US
I need to use 105 variables from the previous page, what is the most efficient way to bring these variables into my new page? Would it be better to write all of this to the url line or perform 105 request.form statements?

What's actually happening here is a simple data entry form that is made up of text boxes, after the user is done entering data, the information needs to be written to my sql table. The only way I know how to do this is to pass these variables to another page, where I write them to the table. Is this the best way? Any help is appreciated.

Josh

That sounds like a good solution to me.

I do suggest you use the POST method of the form though. I'm not sure how much data is in those 105 text fields but I'm pretty sure HTTP1.1 has a limit on the length of a Querystring a web server needs to support. I don't believe this limitation exists for POST.

Thanks,

Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back