Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Performance Monitor Screen Saver

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterRacker

Oct 13, 1999
US
Anyone know of a "performance monitor" screen saver? Specifically I want to have the console locked on a server but still have the performance monitor visible. Either a password protected screen saver that can execute perfmon or a screen saver that locks the station but does not clear the screen would work.

Method one - worthless, copy perfmon.exe to perfmon.scr worthless because I'm sure you want some counters and I don't know how to tell it to reopen saved workspace.<br>
<br>
Method two - create a simple exe that calls WinExec() for<br>
c:\winnt\system32\perfmon.exe c:\myperfmonwkspace.pmw&quot; where myperfmonwkspace.pmw is a workspace you have save dwith appropriatae counters.<br>
After creating the simple exe, rename it to myperfmonscrsaver.scr or whatever...<br>
<br>
scr is just an exe. A real scr has exposed entry points for 'settings' but anything will work.

preinke, <br>
<br>
Do you have a source for this file? I checked a half dozen software sites I use and couldn't find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back