Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Performance issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

suhaimy

Technical User
Apr 18, 2002
MY
Hi,
My application always getting an error of database:
The database controller returned an error status of 3114, ORA-3114: not connected to ORACLE.
and
The database controller returned an error status of 3113, ORA-03113: end of file on communication channel.

What went wrong, is it the network proble or database problem. I dont know what to do...

our application server run on SUN and have oracle client installed in it & our database run on HP which is using ORACLE RACK. Our Oracle db is ver 9i, fyi i new in oracle.

Please help me to drill this problem.

thanks

What do you mean by 'always'? Are there specific events which trigger these messages. On the face of it, it could be incorrect settings for $ORACLE_HOME and/or $ORACLE_SID.

Can you verify that the database was up and running when you got that error?

I usually get this error if I have a long-running process and the database goes down for backup.

Either that, or your connection properties are invalid. (IE Your TNSNames.ora is goobered up)

ASP, VB, VBS, Cold Fusion, SQL, DTS, T-SQL, PL-SQL, IBM-MQ, Crystal Reports, Crystal Enterprise

Hi,
at my apps server side tnsnames.ora is
$ pg tnsnames.ora
# TNSNAMES.ORA Network Configuration File: /oraclient/OraHome1/network/admin/tns
names.ora
# Generated by Oracle configuration tools.

TESTDB =
(DESCRIPTION =
(enable = broken)
(LOAD_BALANCE = yes)
(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP) (HOST = db04b) (PORT = 1521))
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP) (HOST = db03a) (PORT = 1521))
)
(CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVICE_NAME = TESTDB)
(SERVER = DEDICATED)
(FAILOVER_MODE = (TYPE = SELECT) (METHOD = BASIC))
)
)

at my client side
# TNSNAMES.ORA Network Configuration File: C:\oracle\ora92\NETWORK\ADMIN\tnsnames.ora
# Generated by Oracle configuration tools.

APPSLIVE =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = 182.28.2.2)(PORT = 1521))
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = 182.28.2.1)(PORT = 1521))
)
(CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVER = DEDICATED)
(SERVICE_NAME = testdb)
)
)

rgds

why don't you make your local TNSNames definition match the production one, so you can rule out the possibility that your local machine isn't calling the database by a different name...

ASP, VB, VBS, Cold Fusion, SQL, DTS, T-SQL, PL-SQL, IBM-MQ, Crystal Reports, Crystal Enterprise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back