Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Performance issues Version 4.0 - ADP

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlblack

MIS
Sep 27, 2002
US
We recently upgraded to v4.0, Oracle. Since that time reports that link to more than 1 table run extremely slow. Example: 3 tables, 7 derived fields. Ran in less than 2 minutes under version 3.0. Now it ran 1 hour before I kill it. The report will run in 20 minutes if I specify the company codes. ADP seems to be at a loss. Any suggestions as to where we can look?

Post (or you can email it to me) the SQL from your query and I will look at it.

Charles@CharlesCook.com CharlesCook.com
ADP - PeopleSoft
ReportSmith - Crystal Reports - SQR - Query
Reporting - Interfaces - Data Mining

Call your ADP rep. This should be able to be fixed by second level support.

Thanks, but I've been there, done that. They tried adding some additional select critria, but that didn't improve things much. They really don't know what to do. They suggest we limp along until the next release.
David Black, CQA
Teepak, LLC

Are you using ODBC or the direct oracle connection? CharlesCook.com
ADP - PeopleSoft - SAP
ReportSmith - Crystal Reports - SQR - Query - Access

Charles,
It is my understanding that we are using the direct oracle
connection.

I have managed to modify our existing slow runners to a point that is acceptable with my users. I still have trouble with the thought of changing the code with the upgrade. Who's to say that if things get fixed in the next release that I won't have to change the code again.

Thanks for your interest. David Black, CQA
Teepak, LLC

My 2 cents...

...slow reports questions return a "don't use that table, use this one" type reply from our ADP partners. No attempt to ADPbash, they're learning this product too. Tough to find depth of knowledge, hence this forum.

I agree taketime, by the time they start to get some skill with the product they get moved to something else. I started working with ReportSmith and ADP in 1994 and it has allways been this way. The ADP people are great it just takes a long time to REALLY get good at somethings.

CharlesCook.com
ADP - PeopleSoft - SAP
ReportSmith - Crystal Reports - SQR - Query - Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back