Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Performance Issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eileen1309

Programmer
Dec 6, 2004
US
I have a secured databased and an unsecured database, if the user opens the secured database I see an drastic lag in opening existing records. If I use the unsecured version there is no lag.

Could there be a reference that should be loaded that isnt'? of is this a by-product of security.

Thanks
Eileen

Take a look at thread705-1127475, especially if you are running a split database.

Thanks for the pointer I did not realize the auto feature on tables was available in 2000 as I developed in 2003 and then downgraded.

The three suggestions seemed make a drastic improvement in the performance of the system.

Eileen [bigcheeks]

Eileen,
Take a look at the link that Roy had in that thread about the "168 tips to Speed up Your Applications". There is some good information in there as well. Those top three issues are serious bugs, and the MS site seems to brush them off as minor annoyances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back