Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Performance drop while executing StoredProcedure in Informix

Status
Not open for further replies.

GEBOF

Programmer
Aug 23, 2001
BE
Hi,

When I start a SP the performance of my system droppes.

Can anyone help me?

GEBOF

Check the query in your SP. Fine tune your query in SQL and implement the same in your SP. I don't find any reason for drop in your system performance.

G.R.P.

Hi,
I don't know which version of Informix you are using. Also I donot know about the type of stored procedure
If this is a Java procedure [udr], then it is a bug. Try installing patch. The problem is with the memory.
If this is the case then talk to informix tech-support.
Otherwise, if this is a ordinary procedure, then try optimizing the sql that you are using as GRP said above.
Hope this makes some sense.
Regards
Partha

Hi,
Tell me more about bug on Java Procedure, and the patch, please!!

In Informix 9.xx versions, informix has to allocate the memory dynamically. This happens certain number of times and after that it doesnot happen. This is the bug description. The Java procedures may require more and more memory and when the engine cannot allocate the memory then performance drastically goes down. Then by rebooting the server this problem can be solved.
If this is the case, I advice you to talk to the Informix people who can give better explanation and solution [patch].
Hope this helps
Regards
Partha Parthasarathy, Hassan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back