Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

performance degradation after upgrade to 9.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumgirl

IS-IT--Management
Mar 19, 2003
US
I upgraded my IDS from 9.21 to 9.40 a few days ago and now I am seeing some weird performance issues. Big slow downs with not really exceptional loads on the database. I have not changed any of my onconfig settings, I was thinking I would give it a week or so to level out and burn in before introducing any new settings - thinking that the old settings couldnt hurt. Anyone else seen this? I am not sure where to start. This is a test box and really has a pretty light load.

I did upgrade AIX at the same time by the way. Running AIX version 5.2 with IDS 9.40.

Any help appreciated.

Hi davidnix,

I had a similar problem when migrating from 7.31 to 9.21 and I resolved it by dropping distributions. Do the following in dbaccess:

update statistics drop distributions;

update statistics medium distributions only;

then you can run whatever script you usually run to update statistics on your DB's & things should be better.

If this doesn't help, at least it won't hurt.

Good luck

Hi David,

You need to update the statistics for procedure/s if you have them in your instance/s too.

update statistics for procedure ;

Regards,
Shriyan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back