Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Perform multiple functions w/ a custom function? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

satchi

Programmer
Sep 15, 2003
US
Hi, I'm using Photoshop 7.0 and currently I'm transfering my digital photos to my computer for editing. My question is, is there an easier way to do multiple effects from just one click of the mouse?

For example, all my photos are the same size, brightness, etc. For each of these photos, right now I manually re-size it to 600x400pixel, increase brightness, and sharpen more effect. Since I do this to each and all my photos, I want to click only one button(custom function?) and then it'll do all those 3 to my selected photo.

Any suggestions is appreciated. Thanks
satchi

Look up 'Actions' in the on-line help, or in the FAQs on this forum. Basically, you record an action (resize, brightness, sharpen) on one image, then use File > Automate > Batch to apply that action to a whole folder of images. Sit back, and let Photoshop do all the hard work!

Hey that sounds promising! Cool thanks for your help. It'll save me tons of time now!

satchi

To do most image processing like what you've described, I would definitely take blueark's advice.

However, if you need to do some more complex image manipulation and you like to write JavaScript or VBScript, etc. You can download a special package (for free) from Adobe.

It's called "Photoshop 7.0 Scripting plug-in v.1.0.2a"

Cool, that tool may come in handy in the future. Thanks for the link deeshubby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back