Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PercentOfDistinctCount in Cross-tab (auto) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaymc

Programmer
Apr 24, 2003
GB
Never really used automatic cross-tabs until recently. I got the idea somewhere that they were useless but am quickly discovering how quick and useful they can be.

Unfortunately I've just run into a brick wall of sorts.

My cross tab report breaks down a distinctcount of Order numbers by Order status for each customer. What I need to add is a PercentOfDistinctCount by status and customer.

various statuses.......
Customer distinctcount(orderid, customer) ....

Now if I was creating a manual crosstab, this would be a doddle. But I'm trying to master auto crosstabs, and I'll be blown if I can find a way to do it.

Can it be done? If the answer seems to be bleeding obvious, I should warn you that I'm using a German version of Crystal 8 and my German stinks.

Starting from CR9 you can use crosstab totals in cell calculations. In previous versions you need either to create manulal crosstab, or get the counts right in the SQL. The second seems easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back