Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Percentage calculations in Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

trevb

IS-IT--Management
Oct 2, 2003
NZ
Hi all - i am a new and big fan of access. I am creating GST return program for my tax returns etc, but an having big problems in trying to do a simple task. I wish to self calculate a sum in a form or table x 12.5% wich is the gst rate in NZ. Can anyone help - BASIC and SIMPLE explination please, i am learning - but slow.

Hi trevb,

If you want your current text box to include the GST on the value then 'Right Click' on the text box and choose 'Properties' find 'Control Source' and add *1.125 on to the end of the value which is already in there.

If you want to keep your current text box which displays the value before GST and have a seperate text box which displays the value with the GST added then do the following.

On your form create a new blank text box. In the properties for the text box got to where it says 'Control Source' and type the following; =[Total]*1.125 (Total being the name of the text box which has the value before GST).

I hope this is clear, if not just say.

Fantastic. THANKYOU - THANKYOU. Its so easy when you know how - i tried to build an expression before but it just didnt like me.....

Another question if i may.

I have categorys.... for instance
(fuel - 90%)
(Electricity - 10%)
and many others,
each category relates to how much of it is claimable etc, is there a way to self calculate how much is claimable depending on category's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back