Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Percent of a fixed number

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffwest2

MIS
Feb 5, 2009
GB
I have some agents that need to call a minimum of 24 records per hour, I have a crosstab report that will show me those records, what I need to do is work out what percentage of the minmum calls that they need to do have they actually done, e.g. I know that 13 calls is 54.16% of 24, how do I do that as a formula The formula I was trying is:

Count({Report_Data.Outcome})*100/24

this doesn't seem to work as I need to be doing this as either a column or row percent what I want it to do is only the individual agent for that hour.

I guess the question also is, is a crosstab the wrong report format for this, should I be trying something else?? problem is I need to show during the day, per hour, per agent.

Didn't anyone ever tell you? There's one thing you never put in a trap — if you're smart, if you value your continued existence, if you have any plans about seeing tomorrow — there's one thing you never — ever, put in a trap. … Me.

Thanks for giving me another code to look at, however this is still showing as a % of the row/column and not a % of 24 which is my issue/

Didn't anyone ever tell you? There's one thing you never put in a trap — if you're smart, if you value your continued existence, if you have any plans about seeing tomorrow — there's one thing you never — ever, put in a trap. … Me.

This what my crosstab looks like, the % at the end needs to be a % of 24 not of the total for the hour which it is now
Hope this helps.

Accepted Accepted In Store Appointment Appointment in store Callback Contacting Declined UnContactable Withdrawn Wrong Number Total
Ammarmu 0 0 3 0 1 8 0 0 0 1 13
18.57%
Christinakr 0 0 4 0 0 8 0 0 0 0 12
17.14%
fionaag 0 0 5 0 0 13 0 0 0 0 18
25.71%
Mushtaqah 0 0 1 0 0 3 0 0 0 0 4
5.71%
Nickcl 0 0 0 0 0 5 0 0 0 0 5
7.14%
rayal 0 0 1 0 0 7 0 0 0 0 8
11.43%
Sitalra 0 0 4 0 1 5 0 0 0 0 10
14.29%

what version of Crystal Reports do you have?

Crystal 2011 or better has some new crosstab features. You can accomplish what you want with a crosstab by doing the following..

It looks like you have placed your column totals to on the right of your crosstab.
Select the Totals header and right click
under calculated member select insert child
You will see a pop up window with some information on how to insert your formula. read that or ignore
A new column with 0 as the value will appear to the left of your totals column
right click an of the 0 in that columns and select calculated memeber then select edit calculation formula
enter the following formula in that editor
GetTotalValueFor ("Call_Logging_Audit.Call_Type")% 24
save and close
click the new value and change to a % format and how many decimals you want to show

if you dont have 2011 or better... there are ways to do this but not in a crosstab as far as I know.

whups ...
in the formula GetTotalValueFor ("Call_Logging_Audit.Call_Type")% 24

Call_Logging_Audit.Call_Type is what I used for my crosstab when putting this together for you.
That should be changed to your column header. while in the formula editor if you scroll down through functions.. you will see one called grid value. At the bottom of that group is a group called row or column names. You can get the value that you should use to replace my field in there..

Good Luck! Let me know how it works.

You need to identify how the crosstab is setup--what fields are used for rows, columns, and summaries, and what kind of summary.

-LB

Thanks for the responses, I have CRXI so hopefully I can test this this morning and see what happens.

Of Course, CRXI doesn't have the bits you were n about, so I have downloaded a demo for CR 2011, however, when I click on child element it doesn't add the 0 column to the left, which is clearly causing an issue :-(

thats odd...

This feature is new and I havent found many people that use it yet.
I just retested by:

[ul]
[li]creating a new basic crosstab[/li]
[li]unchecked totals on left[/li]
[li]right clicked the column header[/li]
[li]selected calculated memeber[/li]
[li]insert child[/li]
[/ul]

and new column just to the right of the total column is inserted with values of zero

I dont know why it wouldnt be working for you unless your crosstab is more involved than a basic crosstab?

This just doesn't seem to work, I can not seem to get it to create the additional column is there asetting somewhere that you have ticked/unticked that also shows this.

I have created the most basic crosstab I could, but it still isn't working :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back