Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Percent bar chart ordering 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haloman

Technical User
Mar 5, 2008
US
I have a percent bar chart in crystal report XI and there are six categories in this chart. I would like to order them in a particular order. I tried to actually specify the exact order of the individual bars using Chart Expert but still crystal reports would order them in its own way.

I also tried appending numbers 1,2,3 etc at the end of each category in the percent bar chart hoping that it would put the bars in the order I need. But still no luck.

Please let me know if anyone knows how to order the individual categories in a percent bar chart. I have attached a screen shot of the current graph to give a better idea.

My version of crystal reports is below.

Crystal reports version: 11.5.9.1076
Database used: Oracle 10g
Required order of the categories: Initiated, In Progress, Review, Short Term Fixed, Long Term Fixed, Closed (Refer attachment image to get a better idea)

Let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks in advance!

So you are using the Order button in the chart expert to order the categories? I think this happens whenever the first outer group to be evaluated does not have all instances of the inner group. You could test this by using specified order on the outer group to make the group with all instances (if it exists) be the first group to be evaluated (top bar?-not sure). I don't know of a solution to this issue.

-LB

Thanks a lot lbass. I made dummy rows for the outer group to have all the instances of the inner group and voila!, it fixed the sorting order immediately. Thanks for your reply :).

But then the fake group displayed in the chart, right? How did you explain or handle that? Did you maybe make it transparent?

-LB

No. Since the inner group is a numeric field, I added the missing inner group names with a value 0. So they do not show up in the percent bar chart because 0 does not take any percentage of the total 100%. That did the trick :)

That makes sense. Thanks for the explanation (*). PS. You should post questions like these in forum149 or forum767.

-LB

Sure. I will post the future questions like these in the appropriate forums. Thanks for the pointer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back