Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

perc bios level

Status
Not open for further replies.

cndcadams

IS-IT--Management
Feb 11, 2004
US
Does anyone know where I can find the bios level for the perc controller when the OS is up and running?

Through Server administrator I can find the Firmware level but I do not see the bios level. Reason I ask is someone told me there bios level for the perc card but I need to know what firmware level it is related to. They are gone for the day and I have to do some work on it and might have to swap out the system board and I want all levels to be the same so nothing goes wrong when moving over the drives which are in a raid configuration.. I have seen different levels cause problems when doing this before.

Thanks

CA

If you have a DRAC card installed you can get the info real time. You would, however, had to set it up beforehand.

Cheers,

Mark ;-)

This Is another POST...Obviously Power ON Self Test is not the answer the Original Poster is looking for..Not sure of a way to find the BIOS version of the PERC card when the OS is up and Running...

Infinity306;

You are correct POST is not what I wanted but all is good anyways. I was able to locate the needed info by going through the different PERC firmware updates and was able to match the customers firmware and all went well. Once we moved over the drives and booted we updated everything to current firmware levels.

Thanks

CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back